The Platinum Card® from American Express offers a wealth of benefits for frequent travelers and those seeking a premium credit card experience.
By applying for the card , you can earn up to 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
Ongoing, you’ll earn 5 points per dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, 5 points per dollar on prepaid hotels booked through American Express Travel, and 2 points per dollar on other eligible travel expenses booked through American Express Travel. You’ll also earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
In addition to rewards points, the Platinum Card® offers a number of credits and perks. These include:
- Up to $200 in annual credit for airline incidental fees. You can choose one qualifying airline to receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credit when you enroll and charge incidental fees such as checked bags or in-flight refreshments to your card.
- Up to $200 in Uber cash for rides. You’re automatically enrolled in Uber VIP status, which connects you with top-rated drivers. And you’ll get up to $15 monthly in Uber Cash for rides in the U.S. on your Uber account, plus a bonus of up to $20 in December. You must add your card as a payment method in the Uber app.
- Up to $200 in annual hotel credit. You’ll get a credit on prepaid bookings with American Express Travel at The Hotel Collection (two-night minimum required) or Fine Hotels + Resorts properties (more than 1,700 worldwide) when you pay with the card, up to $200 each calendar year.
- Up to $300 Equinox credit. You’ll get $25 per month in credit when you use the card to pay for an Equinox fitness club membership. Or it can be applied to Equinox+, an on-demand fitness app.
- Up to $240 in digital entertainment credit. This credit can be applied at $20 per month when using the card to pay for one of the following services: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu and The New York Times, up to $240 per calendar year.
- $189 Clear credit. This annual credit covers the cost of Clear, which uses biometrics to let members bypass part of the security line at airports and stadiums in some cities.
- Reimbursement of application fees for TSA Precheck or Global Entry. You get a statement credit either once every four years for Global Entry or once every 4.5 years for TSA Precheck. TSA Precheck costs $78, while Global Entry costs $100.
- Up to $100 in statement credits annually at Saks Fifth Avenue. Receive this amount annually for purchases made in-store or online with your card. Credits are divvied up in $50 increments; one from January through June, and the other from July through December. Enrollment is required.
In addition to these credits, the Platinum Card® also offers access to a number of lounge benefits, including:
- Access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection at airports. This portfolio includes Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta only), Priority Pass Select, International American Express lounges, Airspace and Escape lounges. Enrollment required.
- Access to American Express Business Lounges at convention centers. There are currently two American Express Business Lounges in the world: one at the Las Vegas Convention Center, and the other at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Inside you’ll find complimentary snacks, free Wi-Fi and myriad outlets to recharge your electronics — all in a place to recharge yourself.
- Access to Priority Pass Select lounges. You get unlimited access to more than 1,300 Priority Pass Select lounges around the world.Access to Escape Lounges. This network of independent airport lounges offers complimentary snacks and drinks, and some have showers.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers a host of benefits and rewards that make it a great option for frequent travelers and those looking for a premium credit card experience. Earn rewards on your travel spending while accessing a wide range of travel benefits, credits and perks. If you sign up today, you can earn 80,000 Membership Rewards points as a signup bonus.